Best For Chest Congestion: Rite Aid Sinus Pressure Relief Medicine
We would, of course, be remiss if we didnt mention Rite Aid Sinus Pressure Relief Medicine for daily usage. The rite aid sinus pressure relief medicine is made with titanium dioxide and it has inactive ingredients. The Manufacturer says: Everyone at Rite aid, from our knowledgeable, caring associates and pharmacists to the members of our board of directors, works together to provide you with a superior pharmacy experience. Also, this is made for children under 12 years and it is used for chest congestion.
Finally, the rite aid sinus pressure relief medicine is swallow whole and it works great.
Most buyers agree that the medicine is great for seasonal relief. In addition, a few strongly agree that the medicine is as good as the more expensive tylenol.
Why We Like This:
- Head and chest colds can really drag you down.
- This is proud to be one of the nations leading drugstore chains.
- Delivers what they promise.
If you are searching for a popular medicine for your regular use, you cannot go wrong with the Boiron Sinus Pressure Relief Medicine. The boiron sinuspressure relief medicine is amazing in relieving allergies and it is made with natural ingredients. A way that works with your body, not against it. This homeopathic sinus reliefmedicine targets sinus pain with a stuffy or runny nose.
Why We Like This:
What To Look For When Buying Otc Sinus Decongestants
When youre figuring out which decongestant to buy, youll need to determine whats causing your congestion. If its allergies, youll probably want a product that contains an antihistamine ingredient like diphenhydramine.
If you have cold or flu symptoms, you may be looking for a product that includes phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine. Some OTC sinus decongestant formulas include both antihistamines and decongestant ingredients, and some add in pain relief ingredients such as ibuprofen to their formula. Treat for symptoms that you have, not for additional symptoms that you dont have.
Why Do We Suffer From Nasal And Sinus Discomfort
The bodys nasal and sinus membranes have similar responses to viruses, allergic insults and common bacterial infections. Membranes become swollen and congested. This congestion causes pain and pressure mucus production increases during inflammation, resulting in a drippy, runny nose. These secretions may thicken over time, may slow in their drainage, and may predispose to future bacterial infection of the sinuses.
Congestion of the nasal membranes may even block the eustachian tube leading to the ear, resulting in a feeling of blockage in the ear or fluid behind the eardrum. Additionally, nasal airway congestion causes the individual to breathe through the mouth.
Each year, more than 37 million Americans suffer from sinusitis, which typically includes nasal congestion, thick yellow-green nasal discharge, facial pain and pressure. Many do not understand the nature of their illness or what produces their symptoms. Consequently, before visiting a physician, they seek relief for their nasal and sinus discomfort by taking non-prescription or over-the-counter medications.
Recommended Reading: Best Medication For Sinus Pressure And Congestion
What Causes Sinus Headaches
Sinus infections cause sinus headaches. Anything that makes mucus buildup in the sinuses can lead to a sinus infection, such as:
- The common cold is most often to blame.
- Seasonal allergies trigger mucus production.
- Nasal polyps, abnormal growths in the nose or sinuses. Nasal polyps can block mucus from draining.
- Deviated septum, which is when the line of cartilage and bone down the center of the nose isnt straight. A deviated septum can prevent mucus from properly draining.
Too much mucus gives germs an opportunity to grow. As germs build up, they irritate the sinuses. In response, sinus tissue swells, blocking the passage of mucus. Swollen, irritated sinuses filled with liquid make your face feel tender and achy.
Best For Keeping Sinus Problems: Good Sense Sinus Pressure Relief Medicine
The best part: Good Sense Sinus Pressure Relief Medicine costs comparatively low and it is available to ship in 24 hours. The good sense sinus pressure relief medicine is great for chronic sinusitis and it is potent. You may be able to pass on a cold or flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. These symptoms can last for up to two weeks.
Lastly, the good sense sinuspressure relief medicine works very well, is easy to take and it costs less.
Almost all buyers found that the medicine was made by Perrigo, the largest manufacturer of generic drugs in the u.s. In addition, they strongly agree that the medicine is easy to swallow, even without water. And, they strongly agree that the medicine is great for keeping sinus problems away. In short, buyers found this to be one of the best medicines for daily purposes.
Top Customer Quotes:
- This has inactive ingredients and it is young.
- This is easy to swallow and the instructions clear.
- This does not, as the drug contains only chemicals with no other additives.
- This is a great value, so much cheaper than the drugstore.
Also Check: How To Treat A Sinus Infection At Home Naturally
How You Can Treat Sinusitis Yourself
You can often treat mild sinusitis without seeing a GP by:
- getting plenty of rest
- taking painkillers, such as paracetamol or ibuprofen
- avoiding allergic triggers and not smoking
- cleaning your nose with a salt water solution to ease congestion
You do not need to use all of the solution, but make a fresh solution each time you clean your nose.
What Is A Sinus Infection
A sinus infection, also known as sinusitis or rhinosinusitis, is a condition where the tissues lining the nasal passages become inflamed. Sinus infections are very common, affecting nearly 30 million people in the U.S. each year, and a large percentage of these infections resolve on their own. Common sinusitis symptoms include nasal congestion, sore throat, headache, and facial pain.
Simply explained, a sinus infection occurs when there is an infection in the sinuses, a connected system of air-filled spaces in the skull. Under normal conditions, mucus drains out so that air can pass through sinus cavities. When fluid builds up in the sinuses, germs grow and an infection can occur.
Sinus infections can cause facial discomfort because of nasal congestion. You may experience a headache, pain behind the eyes, and facial tenderness or swelling. Other sinus infection symptoms are similar to having a bad cold or intense allergies including nasal discharge, postnasal drip, fatigue, sinus pressure, loss of sense of smell, throat irritation, and even a fever.
Typically triggered by allergies or a cold, a sinus infection can take many forms. Acute sinusitis may cause mild symptoms and go away quickly without antibiotics. These cases are often caused by a viral infection like the common cold and do not require anything more than symptomatic treatment for your comfort.
Read Also: What’s Good For Allergies And Sinus
What Is The Best Medication For A Sinus Infection
The best medication for sinus infection treatment is determined by your doctor and varies by case. Below, you can see a comparison of the most common sinus infection medications to learn what to expect.
|Best medications for sinus infections|
|Expectorant||Oral||1, 1200 mg tablet every 12 hours no more than 2 tablets in 24 hours do not chew or crush. Take with a full glass of water.||Headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness|
Dosage is determined by your doctor based on your medical condition, response to treatment, age, and weight. Other possible side effects exist. This is not a complete list.
Best Medicines For Sinus Pressure 2020
If you are experiencing increased sinus pressure, it is possible that youre feeling significant pain around different areas of your face: this is most likely caused by an accumulation of mucus, which results in a congested sinus. Not only is it painful, but it also makes it difficult for you to go about your daily routine.
Fortunately, there isnt a need for us to simply soldier through the discomfort because of the sheer number of different treatments available for sinus pressure. However, it is not uncommon for people to accidentally delay relief as a cause of purchasing the wrong products when in the drugstore.
Prevent the expensive episode of trial and error and make sure to buy the best medicine for sinus pressure that works by checking out this buying guide.
Also Check: Do I Need Medication For A Sinus Infection
Five Ways To Relieve Sinus Pressure At Home
Sinusitis affects 30 million people in the U.S. each year. Symptoms of sinusitis include nasal congestion, facial pressure, headaches, fatigue, sore throat and dry cough. In most cases, these symptoms are caused by a viral infection. Less than 2% of sinusitis cases are bacterial, meaning that the majority of people with sinusitis do not need an antibiotic.
However, there are other treatment options that have been proven to be effective. If youre experiencing sinusitis symptoms, here are a few things that can help.
What Is High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is reported using two figures, the top number and the bottom number . A normal blood pressure is considered to be 120/80 . Readings of 120 to 139 or 80 to 89 are referred to as prehypertension. If your systolic blood pressure is consistently above 140 or your diastolic pressure is consistently above 90, you are considered to have hypertension .
Also Check: Is Excedrin Good For Sinus Headaches
Sudafed Pe Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non
- Each caplet contains 5 milligrams of the decongestant phenylephrine hcl and 325 milligrams of acetaminophen, a pain reliever and fever reducer.
- This sinus congestion & pain medicine also temporarily relieves nasal congestion associated with hay fever, upper respiratory allergies and the common cold.
- From the #1 pharmacist recommended brand among oral otc decongestants, this maximum strength formula can be used by adults and children 12 years and older for powerful symptom relief.
- The non-drowsy decongestant helps promotes sinus drainage, temporarily reduces fever and helps relieve headaches and minor aches and pain.
- 24-count box of sudafed pe sinus pressure + pain relief maximum strength non-drowsy decongestant tablets provide powerful relief of sinus pain, sinus pressure, nasal congestion and headaches.
Symptoms Of Sinus Pressure
- As the mucus piles up in the sinus cavity and the inflammation continues, the mounting sinus pressure can be felt around the nose and cheeks and above the eyes.
- Moreover, these areas of the face may feel painful or tender.
- You may even experience pain over your teeth.
- The throbbing pain associated with sinus pressure tends to be at its worst during the morning.
- The pain gets aggravated when you look down or bend over.
You May Like: Medicine To Treat Sinus Infection
Some Disturbing Fact About Acetaminophen:
- Hundreds of deaths have been linked to taking just slightly more acetaminophen than the recommended dosage. The frightening aspect is that this can happen even if you have taken acetaminophen in the past and had no reaction.
- Acetaminophen is considered safe when taken as recommended. The serious part is when the line between what is considered a safe dose and a potentially lethal one is disturbingly fragile. Taken over a few days, as little as 25% over the maximum daily dose can cause liver damage.
- It was in 2009 that warnings on liver damage were added to the drugs label. The FDA issued a statement urging medical professionals to no longer prescribe prescription combination drug products that contain more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per tablet. Many manufacturers complied and yet there are still prescription products which contain more than the recommended maximum of 325 mg of acetaminophen on the market.
You should never take this medication without first getting advice from your doctor.
Acetaminophen is found in many combination medicines, and taking certain products together can lead to a fatal overdose. If you are treating a child, use a pediatric form of acetaminophen and the special dose-measuring dropper that comes with it.
When To See A Doctor
There are a few instances in which you should consult a doctor, including:
- Symptoms lasting 10 days or longer
- Severe sinus pain
- Blood in your nasal discharge
These symptoms could be a sign of a more serious infection or condition like nasal polyp disease, chronic sinusitis, or a cancerous growth in the nasal or sinus cavity.
“Untreated sinusitis past 7-10 days will cause prolonged crippling symptoms that may affect your quality of life and your ability to work or study,” says Gan Eng Cern, a fellowship trained Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon with a private practice. “If you have asthma or bronchitis, untreated sinusitis can in fact worsen these conditions.”
If you decide to see a doctor for your sinus congestion, he or she may prescribe antibiotics or an antifungal, depending on the cause.
“In rare cases, severe untreated sinusitis may lead to orbital cellulitis or orbital abscess,” adds Eng Cern. “They are known as infections of the eye. It also has the potential to affect the brain. For example, meningitis, brain abscess and sinus cavity clot are types of brain infections that may be caused by untreated sinusitis.”
Read Also: East Texas Sinus And Dizziness Center
Opt For Steam To Clear The Sinuses
You can help to relieve pressure using steam. One of the most commonly suggested options is to sit in a warm shower for at least 15 minutes, allowing the natural steam to do the work. You can also do this in a hot bath, but you will need to protect your skin from the heat.
If you cannot stand the heat of the water or you want it hotter, you can make your mini head sauna.
Place a bowl of boiled water on a table. Put your head over the bowl and use a towel over your head to help trap the steam within the area. You can breathe the steam in and out, naturally clearing the pressure within your sinuses and relieving the pain and discomfort in your ears.
If you want to go one step further, you can opt for some Vicks or another menthol cream within the water. Mint essential oil will also work. You only need a little to create menthol steam that offers more benefits to clear out your sinuses and relieve the pressure that has built up.
Avoid putting your head down while doing this. You want to keep it over the bowl in a semi-upright position. Putting your head down will cause more pressure on the sinuses and your ears.
How To Use Diphenhydramine Hcl
Take the tablet, capsule, or liquid form by mouth with or without food. Measure liquid forms of this medication using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose. If you have a single-dose form of this medication , you do not need to measure the dose.
The rapidly-dissolving tablet or strip should be allowed to dissolve on the tongue and then swallowed, with or without water. The chewable tablets should be chewed thoroughly before being swallowed.
The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. There are many brands and forms of diphenhydramine available. Read the dosing instructions carefully for each product because the amount of diphenhydramine may be different between products. Do not increase your dose or take this medication more often than directed.
To prevent motion sickness, take your dose 30 minutes before starting activity such as travel. To help you sleep, take your dose about 30 minutes before bedtime. If you continue to have difficulty sleeping for longer than 2 weeks, contact your doctor.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
Also Check: Is Advil Cold And Sinus An Antihistamine
You May Like: How To Nip A Sinus Infection In The Bud
The 5 Best Allergy Medicine
- A very effective nasal spray that doesnt affect your adrenal system. A powerful water-based formula, free of alcohol and scent anti-allergy.
Price when Reviewed: $8.99
One of the best and most effective reliefs that you can find in the market. It is a proven and tested 24-hour allergy relief product that can ease nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose and itchy nose. It is perfect for regular usage because it is scent free and alcohol-free. You wont need to worry because as compared to other allergy relief products, there are no particular drowsiness side effects with this medicine. Its anti-inflammatory effect is very impressive. This medicine is also nonaddictive. Within 24 hours, you will immediately feel its great effects.
- Best Oral Antihistamine Strong results with limited site effects
Price when Reviewed: $20.25
This proven and tested tablets can instantly relief nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose. You will notice relief in just an hour. A very cost effective med. In terms of effects, you can never go wrong with Allegra.
- An Allergy Spray that is suitable for pregnant woman
Price when Reviewed: $18.64
- Good Reviews from customers and best seller on Amazon. Proven to work but FLONASE might cause irritation in your nose
Price when Reviewed: $18.33