Acupressure Points For Migraines Colds And Neck Stiffness
9) Wind Pool : Corresponding with the gall bladder meridian, these two points are found along the ridge of the occipital bone. Place your thumbs on the base of your skull near the hairline. Slide your thumbs along the bony ridge of the base of your skull until each thumb is midway between the spine and the ear. The points lie there, between the two neck muscles that come together where the neck meets the skull .
Pressure to these points can ease tension headaches, migraines, colds, and neck stiffness.
More Research Is Needed
While using pressure points to treat headaches isnt well studied, theres some limited research suggesting that massage of the head and shoulders can help relieve headaches.
Because reflexology is a noninvasive, nonpharmaceutical way to treat headaches, its very safe. Just remember its a complementary treatment. You should seek out professional medical help if you have recurring or very intense headaches.
Precision Pain Care and Rehabilitation has two convenient locations in Richmond Hill Queens and New Hyde Park Long Island. Call the Richmond Hill office at 215-1888, or 419-4480 for Long Island office, to arrange an appointment with our Interventional Pain Management Specialist, Dr. Jeffrey Chacko.
Love this Post? Spread the World
- Posted on: 22 December, 2021
Most Common Cause of Heel Pain…
- Posted on: 20 December, 2021
The importance of journaling i…
- Posted on: 17 December, 2021
The burning pain and heaviness…
- Posted on: 15 December, 2021
When You Ache All Over – Muscl…
- Posted on: 13 December, 2021
What does our brain really tel…
1300 Union Tpke, Suite 203 New Hyde Park, NY 11040
1300 Union Tpke, Suite 203 New Hyde Park, NY 11040
1300 Union Tpke, Suite 203 New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Sinus Pressure Points On The Feet
There are also pressure points on the feet that may improve sinus pressure. Much like your fingernails, the toenails also have pressure points.
The areas, youll find, are almost identical to your fingernails with a few minor differences. Toenail pressure points are located at the base of the nail where it meets the skin.
- Big toe: inside and outside corner
- Every other toe : the outside bottom corner
Press each of these points lightly, and you may notice some sinus pressure relief.
Also, like your fingers, your toe tips have pressure points that may be useful in clearing sinus pressure. Use the same method as you would for fingertips.
Massaging the balls of your feet may also offer an answer to relieving sinus pressure. You can do it yourself, but its probably better to get someone else to do it. Who couldnt use a foot massage?
As youve seen, there are pressure points you can access from head to toe that may help relieve sinus pressure. Go through and test them all to see which might work for you.
You May Like: Sinus Tooth Pain One Side
No : Balls Of The Feet
The balls of the feet are excellent pressure points for easing to drain the middle and inner ear and clear blocked Eustachian tubes. Press and massage the balls of the feet, or adequately yet, have someone else do it daily, and you will feel your nose and ears draining much better.
Acupressure Point Chart For Headaches
Many people suffer from severe headaches, and no one wants to keep grabbing for painkillers unless it is critical. So instead of ridding the headache with medicine try a more natural way with acupressure.
- Yin Tang is on the forehead, halfway between the eyebrows, at the point of the third eye
- Zan Zhu if found on the inner end of the eyebrow, directly above the inner corner of the eye
- Si Bai, you locate on the cheek, directly below the pupil in the depression on the bone right below the eye
- Tou Wei sits at the corner of the forehead approximately 0.5 cun within the hairline, 4.5 cun away from the midline of the head
- Tong Zi Liao is located 0.5 cun away from the outer corner of the eye, in the depression of the temple
- Qu Bin you find above the ear, at the junction of a straight line across the crown of the ear and a vertical line across the back of the temple
- Yi Feng you find located in the depression one cun below the earlobe
- Tian Zhu you discover on the back of the neck, one cun from the base of the skull, on the rope-like muscle approximately one cun from the spine
Always remember when applying pressure to these points do it firmly by moving in small circular motions.
Also Check: What Is The Best Sinus And Allergy Medicine
Acupressure Points For Menstrual Cramps
7) Three Yin Meeting : The three meridians of the leg cross at this point on the inside of the leg above the anklebone. To find it, press your thumb into the center of your anklebone, then slide up the inner leg four finger widths. The point is just off the shinbone , toward the back of the leg .
Applying pressure to this point nourishes energy flow to the spleen, liver, and kidney meridians. It is also good for treating menstrual pain.
Why Sinus Pressure Without Congestion Is Unique
It seems like everyone can remember at least one morning where they wake up and just dont feel good. The pressure in their nose paired with the struggle to breathe properly is something we have all experienced at some point.
This issue is known as congestion, and it is that feeling you have when your nose feels blocked. In most cases, you will also experience sinus pressure when you deal with congestion.
Sinus pressure and congestion go hand in hand as congestion is caused by the nasal cavities in your head getting backed up. When these cavities fill up, your sinuses feel the pressure of the added fluid and tend to feel uncomfortable. This is why so often you will see people dealing with both sinus pressure and headaches at the same time.
Just because these two symptoms go hand in hand does not mean that they cant exist in isolation. As we will see, there are many causes of sinus pressure and dizziness that often dont come with added congestion.
You May Like: Aleve D Sinus And Headache Discontinued
Sinus Backache Try Foot Massage
- Read in app
AS she massages your toes, Jane Gold could be clearing up your sinus condition. When she kneads the inside edge of your foot, you might find your perpetual backache is slipping away.
Mrs. Gold is a reflexologist one who, as she explains it, practices therapeutic foot massage to relax tension, and improve circulation and normalize body functions. Foot reflexology, she says, is an old Chinese method of massaging pressure points on the feet, and works on the principle that the pathways of nerves that come from each organ in the body end in the feet.
Although reflexologists are not doctors, Mrs. Gold says, and make no claims to cure illness or disease, foot massage can relax a person who is tense, give energy to one who is lethargic and relieve such ailments as headaches, constipation and menstrual cramps.
Mrs. Gold, who lives in a Mount Kisco apartment with her 5yearold twin daughters Tara and Robin, says she has been interested in natural foods for several years. She learned reflexology at a seminar sponsored by the National Institute of Reflexology, which has headquarters in St. Petersburg, Fla. I was looking for a way to help people in the field of natural healing, she says. I love meeting people, discovering people and learning about them.
Men are opening up to the idea of reaching out and helping themselves, she reports.
Pressure Points On The Feet To Relieve Pain
The modality of touch therapy is an effective way to relax stiff muscles and relieve pain.
Whether you use reflexology, acupressure, or shiatsu techniques, massaging pressure points is effective at reducing pain and help people suffering from chronic pain to manage it.
Use these particular acupoints on the feet to target various specific pain in the body.
for tips on how to do a fantastic foot massage on yourself or someone else.
Watch this video by Hillary Talbott, doctor of Chinese Medicine, as she demonstrates how to find acupoints on the foot to treat pain and discomfort in various parts of the body.
Make sure that you are relaxed and seated.
It would be ideal to have somebody help you by performing the pressure point massage on you if you cannot comfortably reach your feet.
Read Also: Sinus Infection Vs Flu Vs Cold
Foot Reflexology Chart Main Foot Pressure Points
In general, the foot is divided up into regions that reflect back to various areas of the body. The general division is that the toes and the area just below them reflect back to the head and various organs in the head .
The inside surface of both feet reflects back to the spine, while the outer surfaces reflect back to the shoulders, arms, hips, knees, and legs. The bottom of the foot is worked for effect on organs, with the upper third of the foot being organs in the chest , the middle third being abdominal organs and the lower third being pelvic organs .
Best Acupressure Points To Relieve Sinus Pain
With temperatures dropping, winter is in full swing and with it comes cold and flu season. For anyone suffering from sinus problems, this can be one of the most frustrating times of year. The sinuses – or the hollow cavities surrounding the nose – can create stuffy noses, sore throats, and headaches that send people running for over the counter medications that leave them feeling even more tired or drained.
Many people would welcome alternative methods to relieve sinus pressure and pain in a more natural manner. Fortunately, acupressure can help serve as an organic alternative to taking over the counter medications. Acupressure is a type of traditional Chinese medicine that utilizes pressure points in the body to provide relief for a variety of symptoms. There are many different acupressure points that can be used to help provide relief for sinus issues. Lets take a look at their location and how to activate them.
Known as the Ying Xiang pressure point, which translates as Welcome Fragrance. This pressure point is excellent for opening clogged sinuses and nasal passages, one of the most common complaints associated with cold and flu season.
This is also one of the easiest acupressure points to locate. It resides on both sides of the base of the nose where your nose attaches to your cheeks. This is also one of the easiest acupressure points to trigger.
Also Check: Sudafed Sinus Congestion 30 Mg
Acupressure Points For Knee Pain
Is knee pain causing you discomfort throughout the day? Relieve the pain with the following acupressure points.
Calfs Nose you find the point below the kneecap on the outer indention and massing the spot helps relieve knee stiffness and pain.
Sunny-Side Up of the Mountain on the outside of the lower leg below and the front side of the top of the shinbone you find the pressure point. You can give it a light massage to help relieve different knee pains.
Three Mile Point place four fingers below the kneecap and locate the spot on the outer side of your shinbone. Apply normal pressure to the spot to strengthen muscles and relieve pain.
The Best Pressure Points To Treat Headaches
Experiencing the pain and discomfort of a headache is incredibly common. If youre looking for a more natural way to treat your headache, you may want to think about acupressure and pressure points.
Pressure points are parts of the body believed to be extra sensitive, able to stimulate relief in the body. Practitioners of reflexology, a discipline of Chinese medicine, believe that touching pressure points in a certain way can:
- Improve your health
- Ease pain
- Restore balance in the body
Reflexology is the study of how one part of the human body is connected to another. This means you might have to massage a different location like your hand to treat a different area, like your head. Youll reach for the right pressure points to ease your pain.
If you want to learn more about treating your headache this way, its important to understand how to do so correctly. We explain what science says and give you some pressure points to try next time your head hurts.
Also Check: Best Medication To Stop Sinus Drainage
A Foot Reflexology Routine To Help Ease Sinuses And Allergies
Seasonal allergies occur when your immune system overreacts to environmental irritants such as pollen. Based on the chart above, we can see that the following reflex points on the feet can, when stimulated, help you breathe a little easier. Use your thumb or index finger to press and hold each one for five seconds and see if it brings any relief:
- The sinuses open up clogged sinus cavities.
- The pituitary or “master gland” stimulates and balances hormone secretions of all other glands.
- The thymus gland strengthens your immune system.
- Your chest, lungs, and bronchials release congestion.
- The solar plexus/diaphragm reduces stress and relaxes breathing.
- Your adrenal glands produce cortisone/cortisol to reduce inflammation. Adrenalin boosts your energy level, often depleted by allergy symptoms.
- The ileocecal valve regulates mucus production.
As you work your way across the foot, repeat a positive affirmation such as, “The Universe is providing me with ease, grace, and an abundance of breath.”Since allergies are our bodys response to our environment, you could also use, “I am at peace and in harmony with my surroundings.”
Sinus Pressure Points On The Back Of The Head And Neck
There are areas around the neck and base of the skull that present an opportunity to relieve sinus pressure. The pressure points in these areas are located in delicate, cavity-like areas where the neck and skull adjoin. There are two such points.
One of them is the specific point where the neck meets the skull. It is right in the middle of the neck/head, near the base of your hairline.
To find it, place your finger at your hairline and move it either up or down until you find the cavity. By squeezing the point with your thumb for about five minutes, it may help clear sinus pressure.
The other area is found on the neck close to the base of the skull. The points are located at the highest point of the neck, just below the base of the skull.
To find it, place both of your thumbs at the top of your neck point and slowly separate them until you feel the cavities . Access the point by pressing slightly in and up and holding for about five minutes.
Read Also: Walgreens Sinus Congestion And Pain
Acupressure Point Chart For Weight Loss
For losing weight, the natural way acupressure is one of the oldest techniques that can help. Yes, we know gaining weight is easy but losing it is difficult.
Therefore, if you have tried all the diet pills on the market and still struggling with the weight problem, try the following tips:
- Follow a healthy diet plan.
- Replace your daily eating routine with a fasting routine.
- Perform a seven-minute workout daily.
- Moreover, apply the acupressure techniques discussed here.
- Ear Acupressure Point places your thumb against your jaw of the ear and moves it up and down. You will quickly find the spot where you find maximum movement. Once you find it, stop there, and press on the spot for a minute.
- The abdomen acupoint the pressure points easy to find and located about 3cm below the navel called the Ren 6. By applying pressure to it helps with the digestive system and reduces constipation. Place two fingers on the spot, massage up and down for a minute, and press for two minutes. You can do this twice a day.
- The abdominal sorrow acupoints you can find the spot under your last rib and helps relieve indigestion and rib pain. Furthermore, it helps with an appetite as well to lessen cravings. Press the acupoints for at least five minutes every day.
- Elbow acupoints the significant intestine point you locate on the inner side of the elbow crease by using your thumb. Press the spot for a minute every day.
After completing the process, massage your whole head gently.
Acupressure Points To Relieve Stress
5. Bigger Rushing : This point is on the top of the foot, making it easy to find. Place the tip of your index finger at the webbing between the big toe and second toe. Slide your finger up your foot about half an inch, until you feel an indentation . Thats the point. If you can reach, do both feet at the same time. If not, do one and then the other.
This is the most powerful stress-relieving point on the body.
Also Check: How To Cure A Sinus Infection Naturally
Acupressure Points For Skin Problems
3) Sea of Blood : To find these two points, sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Feel for a bulge in your thigh muscles about two thumb widths above the top edge of your knee. The bulge is on the top inside portion of the leg. Press on the points firmly with your thumbs or the knuckle of your middle finger .
These points cleanse the blood and nourish the skin.