Boiron Sinusalia Sinus Relief Homeopathic Medicine Non
- Congestion & Pain
Reviews From Real Customers
I have asthma and I suffer from severe allergies + sinusitis so I do tend to have sinus pain here and there. sometimes when I am feeling a bit of pressure or it feels uncomfortable, I will take this product.
it definitely helps me after I take at least 2 of the recommended doses! the pain/ pressure sensation definitely goes away. i would recommend this product since it is safe and non-drowsy. this brand in general has amazing products! :).
When sinus and cold symptoms set in, trust the only over-the-counter cold medicine with the speed and strength of Advil. Advil Sinus Congestion and Pain is a non-drowsy tablet formulated with a proven nasal decongestant for powerful relief of cold symptoms, sinus pressure and congestion.
The nasal decongestant reduces nasal swelling to re-open airways, while the pain reliever and fever reducer , helps address pain symptoms associated with the common cold.
Treat your multi-symptom cold with just one coated tablet and get fast, powerful relief with Advil. Adult Advil is formulated for those 12 years of age and olderreview all labeled directions and warnings prior to use.
Best Medicine For Sinus Cold
Vicks Sinex Severe Nasal Spray 0.5 fl. oz. Box
- Nothing Clears Your Head Faster.
- Clears your Head of sinus pressure and shrinks swollen nasal membranes so you can breathe more freely.
Boiron SinusCalm Sinus Relief, Tablets, Unflavored 60 tablets
- Targets sinus pain with a stuffy or runny nose.
- Non-drowsy and wont mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
- Homeopathic multi-symptom sinus Relief medicine, non-habit forming and no risk of a rebound effect.
Advil Sinus Congestion & Pain, Non-Drowsy, Coated Tablets 20 tablets
Tylenol Sinus Severe Daytime Caplets with Non-Drowsy Formula 24 count
- Heritage of Care History of Relief Tylenol
Alka-Seltzer Plus Sinus & Cold, Maximum Strength, PowerMax Gels, Liquid Gels 24 liquid gels
- Suggested Age: 12 Years and Up
- Health Facts: Contains Acetaminophen
Tylenol Cold Severe Head Congestion for Adults 24 ct Box
- Mucus+Chest Congestion
Tylenol Sinus + Headache Daytime, 24 Caplets
- Previously Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain
Vicks Sinex Acetaminophen, Severe, LiquiCaps 24 liquicaps
- Gelcap design lets you consume these LiquiCaps with ease
- Formulated to help relieve sinus congestion and fever
- It helps provide relief from respiratory allergies that inhibit your breathing
Clear Sinus Congestion Relief Sinus & Ear, Vegi-Caps Capsules 60 capsules
- Provides temporary relief from the symptoms of Tinnitus.
- Contains specific homeopathic remedies traditionally used to help relieve the symptoms of tinnitus.
- Triple Action Formula
When To Seek Medical Care
See a doctor if you have:
- Severe symptoms, such as severe headache or facial pain.
- Symptoms that get worse after improving.
- Symptoms lasting more than 10 days without getting better.
- Fever longer than 3-4 days.
You should also seek medical care if you have had multiple sinus infections in the past year.
This list is not all-inclusive. Please see a doctor for any symptom that is severe or concerning.
Other conditions can cause symptoms similar to a sinus infection, including:
- Seasonal allergies
Don’t Miss: How To Relieve Neck Pain From Sinus Infection
When To Seek Medical Treatment For Sinusitis And Bronchitis
When it comes to getting over a sinus infection or bronchitis, patience and time are usually the best remedies. Because most infections are viral, prescription antibiotics arent always an effective treatment option and taking them can be dangerous and lead to problems related to antibiotic resistance. In most cases, infections related to sinusitis and bronchitis will resolve on their own.
Within a week of getting sick, symptoms related to sinusitis or bronchitis should start to improve. If you dont start feeling better or feel worse, its a good idea to reach out to a medical provider who can provide guidance about managing symptoms and also about your treatment options.
Hylands Homeopathic Sinus Relief 100 Count
Check Latest Price
Hylands Sinus Tablets, Natural Relief of Sinus Congestion Due to Cold, 100 Quick Dissolving Tablets Temporarily relieves the symptoms of the common cold and flu including body aches and headache, cough and congestion, fever, chills, and sore throat.
**NATURAL REMEDIES SINCE 1903. ** Hylands has been producing homeopathic medicines since 1903. Hylands products are made in the United States with natural ingredients, and contain no artificial flavors, dyes or parabens.
**FDA COMPLIANT MANUFACTURING**. Homeopathy is a safe, effective system of medicine with fundamental principles for selection and application, working to stimulate to the bodys own healing properties.
Homeopathic preparations dilute and invigorate the source ingredient, making doses non-toxic and safe to take alongside other medications without contraindications or known side effects.
The uses for our products are based on traditional homeopathic practice. They have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. Always read and follow the label directions when using Hylands products **SAFE AND RELIABLE.
** Hylands products follow the manufacturing and quality requirements outlined in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States and the applicable provisions of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Hylands facilities are regulated and inspected by FDA. Hylands facilities use the most up-to-date equipment and environment to assure purity and quality.
Read Also: Something Good For Sinus Infection
How To Treat Your Symptoms
Whether you have a cold or a sinus infection, getting plenty of rest and water is key for healing. Antibiotics are only effective if your issues are caused by a bacterial infection, in which case you will likely be prescribed a course of antibiotic pills or liquid to help the body fight bacteria. There are no effective medications to treat colds or viral infections directly, so treating your symptoms is often the best way to help your body heal and normalize.
Okay But What Types Of Cold Medicine Can You Take While Pregnant
Most medicines taken during pregnancy cross the placenta and reach the fetus, so its important to know which ones are safe, and which should be avoidedand what some natural remedies are instead.
The American Pregnancy Association recommended getting plenty of rest , drinking lots of fluids and trying some natural remedies.
For instance, to reduce congestion, place a humidifier in your room, elevate your head during rest time, or try nasal strips, per the American Pregnancy Association. To soothe a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water, drink warm tea, or suck on ice chips.
As far as OTC medications go, the American Pregnancy Association advised keeping the number to a minimum during pregnancy. Among the safest options for pregnant people are:
- Acetaminophen can work for fevers, headaches, and body aches.
- Most cough drops are generally considered safe to help ease a cough.
- Anesthetic throat lozenges can relieve a sore throat.
Cold medicines that you may need to avoid, however, include:
- Some pain relievers and fever reducers, such as aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
- Afrin and other non-steroidal nasal decongestant sprays containing oxymetazoline
- OTC herbal remedies like echinacea
To be on the safe side, always get your cold meds approved by your pharmacist or healthcare provider. Many healthcare providers advise staying away from all medicines during the first trimester.
Also Check: Best Non Penicillin Antibiotic For Sinus Infection
Recommended Reading: Emergency Room For Sinus Infection
Childrens Tylenol Cold + Cough + Runny Nose & Fever Medicine With Acetaminophen Grape 4 Fl Oz
as of December 22, 2021 9:32 am
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Childrens Tylenol Cold + Cough + Runny Nose Oral Suspension Medicine to temporarily relieve cold and flu symptoms, including, sore throat, cough, runny nose and sneezing
- The kids liquid pain relief medicine also relieves minor aches & pains, headache & temporarily reduces fever fast with an ibuprofen-, aspirin-, and alcohol-free formula
- Each 5-milliliter dose of the childrens medicine contains 160 milligrams of acetaminophen pain reliever and fever reducer 1 milligram of the antihistamine chlorpheniramine maleate and 5 milligrams of the cough suppressant dextromethorphan HBr
- The liquid cold medicine for children comes in a kid-friendly grape flavor that is gentle on the tummy and ideal for kids ages 6 to 11 years
- Tylenol is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand for pain and fever relief, and has been used by parents decade after decade
Also Check: Sinus Headache How To Get Rid Of
Should You Visit A Specialist
If your sinus infection just wont go away or keeps coming back, it may be time to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist. An ENT treats conditions of the ear, nose, throat, head, face, and neck. It may be time to see an ENT if:
- Youve completed several courses of antibiotics without success
- Your doctor suspects nasal polyps or another blockage of the nasal cavity
- You have chronic sinusitis that lasts longer than 12 weeks
Living with a sinus infection is miserable and living with a sinus infection for weeks on end is worse. Contact your doctor or an ENT to get the treatment you need.
You May Like: Maximum Strength Mucinex Sinus Max Pressure Pain And Cough Dosage
Herbal Products And Honey
A number of herbal products are claimed to help relieve cold symptoms. But theres a lack of reliable studies on the benefits of these products. Some studies have shown that certain extracts of ivy, eucalyptus, primrose, pelargonium and thyme can at best slightly relieve a cough.
The situation with honey is similar: Honey can probably relieve the symptoms of a cough somewhat in children if they take it either pure or dissolved in water in the evening before going to bed .
Products made from echinacea extracts are also commonly recommended for the treatment of colds. They are claimed to strengthen the bodys immune system. But the research on these products has not led to clear conclusions.
Nasal Congestion And Rhinorrhea
Several mechanisms can cause cold-related nasal congestion and rhinorrhea.12 Although these mechanisms differ from those that cause allergy-related symptoms, antihistamines remain a popular therapy for the common cold.
Although some randomized controlled trials of older first-generation antihistamines have shown positive results for certain end points, a Cochrane review concluded that antihistamines do not alleviate cold-related sneezing or nasal symptoms to a clinically significant degree and do not affect subjective improvement in children or adults.6 Even if a slight clinical benefit exists, there are risks and adverse effects, especially with first-generation antihistamines.11 Therefore, antihistamine monotherapy is not recommended for children and should be used cautiously in adults.
Although a first-generation oral antihistamine and decongestant combination may have some effect on nasal obstruction, rhinorrhea, and sneezing in adolescents and adults, studies generally are of poor quality, and effects are small and may not be clinically significant. Antihistamine/decongestant treatment has not been shown to benefit young children.6
Finally, a recent study supports the use of topical ipratropium for rhinorrhea caused by perennial rhinitis and the common cold.9 However, it is expensive, requires a prescription, and is approved only for children older than six years.
Recommended Reading: What To Take For A Severe Sinus Infection
Living With Acute Bronchitis
Most cases of acute bronchitis go away on their own in 7 to 10 days. You should call your doctor if:
- You continue to wheeze and cough for more than 2 weeks, especially at night when you lie down or when you are active.
- You continue to cough for more than 2 weeks and have a bad-tasting fluid come up into your mouth. This may mean you have GERD. This is a condition in which stomach acid gets into your esophagus.
- Your cough produces blood, you feel weak, you have an ongoing high fever, and you are short of breath. These symptoms may mean you have pneumonia.
The risk of developing complications from acute bronchitis, such as pneumonia, is greater in some people. These include:
You May Like: Male Urinary Tract Infection Over The Counter Medication
Tips For Treating Chronic Sinus Infections
No matter the season, having a cold is never convenient. Its even worse when your cold turns into a sinus infection. A sinus infection will stick around long after symptoms of an upper respiratory infection are gone. You might even know its a sinus infection because you get sinus infections frequently. Perhaps your doctor diagnosed your sinus infection after you just couldnt seem to get better. After all, since almost 30 million Americans suffer from sinusitis, your doctor likely treats them a lot.
The question is, when do you need to see a specialist? If your sinus infection just isnt going away, or if you seem to get recurrent sinus infections, it may be time to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist.
Also Check: Best Liquid Medicine For Sinus Congestion
What Are Symptoms Of Sinus Pressure
Sinus pressure symptoms may vary depending on which sinus cavities are affected and what is causing the sinus pressure. Symptoms may include:
- Pain and pressure in the forehead, behind and between the eyes, above the nose, the upper teeth, the temples, the back of the neck, or the top of the head
- Pain that worsens with movement like bending over
- Swollen lymph nodes
Dr Rehls 10 Tips For Sinus And Respiratory Health This Fall And Winter
The time of year is upon us when blistering heat and monsoon winds give way to peaceful sunny 75 degree days. With the change of seasons come a multitude of challenges for the nose, sinuses and lungs. Allergens, dust, air pollution, particulate matter in the air, changes in barometric pressure and respiratory viruses can all wreak havoc on our respiratory systems leading to nasal congestion, post nasal drainage, cough, wheezing, fatigue and eventually sinusitis and bronchitis.
Recommended Reading: Is Yellow Snot A Sinus Infection
You May Like: Can Sinus Pressure Cause Eye Pain
How Do I Prevent Acute Sinusitis
Do not smoke. Smoking is not good for you or for people around you, since this can cause mucous to become clogged in the nose/sinuses. Avoid being around second-hand smoke, as well as other triggers like animal dander, dust, mold and pollen. Take pains to prevent sinus and other infections by:
- Washing your hands well before and after eating and after using the bathroom.
- Staying away from sick people.
- Treating your allergies, possibly with nasal steroid therapy or immunotherapy .
- Keeping your body and your immune system in good shape by eating well and staying hydrated.
- Using a humidifier if your house is dry or an air purifier. Make sure to clean your equipment regularly.
- Irrigating your nose when necessary with a saline rinse.
Vicks Dayquil Cough Cold And Flu: Cures A Cough Cold And Flu
- Brand name Vicks DayQuil Cough, Cold, and Flu
- Composition acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride
- Popularity level 8
- DayQuil is an over-the-counter medication that treats daytime symptoms of the cold and flu, including nasal congestion, cough, headache, minor aches and pains, fever and sore throat.
- These LiquiCaps are designed to help relieve six common cold symptomsnasal congestion, sore throat, minor aches and pains, cough, headaches, and fever. Each dose provides about four hours of relief.
- Dosage Do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
- For adults & children 12 yrs & over: Take 2 LiquiCaps with water every 4 hrs
- Price A pack of 48 liquicaps costs $20
Recommended Reading: Can High Blood Pressure Cause Sinus Congestion
What Can I Do To Reduce My Risk Of Getting Bronchitis
- Insist that others do not smoke in your home.
- Stay away from or try to reduce your time around things that irritate your airway . Irritants can include dust, mold, pet dander, air pollution, smoke, and cleaners.
- If you catch a cold, get plenty of rest.
- Take your medicine exactly the way your doctor tells you.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water. If you are not able to use soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains alcohol.
- Make sure you are up-to-date on the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
When Should I Call My Healthcare Provider About Sinusitis
Though many cases of acute sinusitis can improve with little to no treatment, you should call the doctor if you experience any painful symptoms. An antibiotic may be needed for a bacterial infection.
If you find that your sinuses do not feel better after 10 days, symptoms have gotten worse, or you have symptoms that initially improved and then worsen five to six days later , you should contact your healthcare provider. Symptoms that continue after about four weeks may mean you have subacute or chronic sinusitis. If you develop other types of symptoms, such as severe eye swelling, or you are just not sure what you should do next, call your provider.
If you have facial pain, and you have healthy teeth, you can try things like nasal rinses and warm, wet washcloths on your face to see if you find some relief. If so, and if your symptoms go away in about 10 days, you probably have had acute sinusitis and it has gotten better on its own. If not, and you continue to feel ill after three or four weeks, call your provider.
Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 06/04/2020.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of A Sinus Infection Naturally
Don’t Miss: Advil Cold And Sinus Instructions
What Causes A Sinus Infection
In most cases, acute sinusitis is caused by a bacterial or viral infection, which means it usually develops after youve had a cold or the flu. Its possible for an acute sinus infection to develop into a chronic infection over time. However, most chronic sinus infections are caused by:
- Problems with the physical structure of your sinuses such as nasal polyps, narrow sinuses, or a deviated septum
- Allergies such as hay fever that cause inflammation
Certain health conditions are also known to accompany chronic sinusitis. These include:
- Primary immune deficiency disesase