Relief For Sinus Pain
For effective relief, choose your sinus headache relief based on what you need. You can find combination packs of both day time and night time relief to help you get better rest and feel good throughout the day. If you don’t have any trouble sleeping, choose a day time sinus relief product. There are formulas for severe colds and coughs as well as different flavors of liquid medicines to choose from.
How To Relieve A Head Cold And Sinus Congestion
Though there are some differences between head congestion and sinus congestion, the following tips can help provide relief from your symptoms. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Drink plenty of water: Water can help thin mucus, which is more likely to drain.
- Make a wrap: Applying a warm towel to your head to ease swollen tissues and relieve pressure.
- Get steamy: Inhaling steam helps keep nasal passages moist and assists with drainage.
- Find relief with SUDAFED®: SUDAFED PE® Head Congestion + Pain can help relievethe pain and pressure associated with head congestion while SUDAFED PE® Sinus Pressure + Pain with acetaminophen can help provide relief from sinus pain and pressure.
What Is A Sinus Headache
Sinus headaches occur because of a build up in pressure due to blocked sinuses. This pressure can be felt as a throbbing sensation around the eyes, nose, and forehead. Some other signs you are experiencing a sinus headache are:
- You have just recovered from an upper respiratory infection or currently have one.
- You suffer from allergies.
- Your sinus pain is accompanied by bad breath, loss of smell, nasal congestion, and/or thick, discolored mucus.
- Your headaches typically come in the morning and get worse when you bend over.
- Your headache is accompanied by fever, sore throat, and/or postnasal drip.
- Youâre experiencing tenderness around the forehead, eyes, and nose.
If you have the above symptoms you may be suffering from a sinus headache and may have a sinus infection also known as sinusitis.
Talk to a PlushCare doctor to get an official diagnosis and treatment plan.
Also Check: Ways To Clear Sinus Pressure
Apply A Warm Compress
Applying a warm towel over your forehead and nose can help to reduce swelling and inflammation in your sinus passages. Its also a simple home remedy that you can use before you go to bed.
Heat from the warm towel helps to open up your nasal passages to reduce swelling and hence open up your nasal passageway. This will also help to loosen mucus secretion and aid in mucus flow.
Here are some simple steps on how you can apply a warm compress to provide sinus headache relief:
- Fill up a bowl with water thats warmer than body temperature. Ensure that its not scalding
- Soak the towel in the water and wring out excess water
- Fold the towel into a square and apply it over your forehead and nose
- Hold the towel in position and place it in contact with your skin for up to 20 minutes each time
Alternatively, you can make a warm compress through the following method:
- Soak two towels in water and squeeze out excess water
- Put one towel in a ziplock bag and leave the bag open
- Microwave the bag for 2 minutes
- Remove the bag from the microwave and seal it. Be careful as the bag will be hot to touch
- Wrap the other towel around the bag.
- Apply the heating pad to your forehead for about 20 minutes
Sinus Relief By Hyland’s Defend Decongestant Headache And Sinus Relief Non
$ as of February 18, 2022 4:55 pm
- RELIEF OF SINUS SYMPTOMS: Temporarily relieves the symptoms of sinus pain and pressure, headache, and nasal congestion due to common cold or allergies
- EASY TO TAKE HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE: Quick-dissolving tablets that melt in your mouth almost instantly
- 40 TABLETS = UP TO 20 DOSES: of Hyland’s DEFEND Sinus
- NATURAL SINUS SYMPTOM RELIEF MEDICINE
- SAFE AND NON-HABIT FORMING: Our gentle homeopathic formulas are made with all natural active ingredients. There are no known side-effects and will not conflict with any medications you may be taking
Also Check: What Medication Is Used For Sinus Infection
When Should I See An Ent For Sinus Pain And Pressure
A good rule of thumb is to talk to your doctor if sinus pain and pressure is affecting your daily life. Other things to look out for include:
- It makes it difficult to sleep
- Youve had a stuffy or runny nose for over a week
- Your sinus headaches more frequently
- Over-the-counter treatments dont work
- You injured your nose
Solutions For Dry Air
Dry air can irritate your sinuses, so ensuring it isn’t too dry can be helpful. You can use a humidifier or vaporizer to increase the humidity in your home. Other ways to benefit from using water include soaking a towel in warm water and holding it over your face for a few minutes. You can also use a saline solution nasal spray for the same purpose.
Recommended Reading: How Are Sinus Infections Spread
Get A Good Nights Sleep
Sleep has been proven to bolster the T cells in your body that fight off infection, says Dr. Nasseri. Bonus tip: To minimize congestion, adjust your sleep position. Use an extra pillow to prop up your head. Keeping your head elevated while you sleep can help drain mucus and relieve some of the pressure.
What Is The Best Pain Relief For Sinusitis
Sinusitis is the medical term for inflamed nasal passages and is treated differently based on the frequency and severity of swelling.
Acute viral sinusitis occurs occasionally and generally clears itself within a week. During this time, you can manage symptoms with pain relievers.
Chronic sinusitis occurs more frequently and lasts longer. While symptoms can be managed with OTC medication or antibiotics for bacterial infections. Chronic sinusitis may require intervention from an ENT.
Recommended Reading: Is Mucinex Good For Sinus Infection
Sinus Headache Or Migraine
About 80% of “sinus headaches” are actually migraines with nasal symptoms. If you get frequent headaches, consult your healthcare provider or a headache specialist, since there are medications and prevention strategies specifically for migraines.
If you have intense sinus pain and pressure that gets worse when you are diving, flying in an airplane, driving up a steep mountain, or participating in other activities that involve steep altitude changes, it could be a condition called sinus barotrauma.
Although the pain will usually subside when these activities are discontinued, sinus barotrauma is a sign of an underlying sinus problem that needs to be evaluated by an otolaryngologist, a healthcare provider that specializes in conditions of the ear, nose, and throat.
Rite Aid Tussin Dm Cough Suppressant & Chest Congestion 8 Fl Oz
as of December 21, 2021 3:44 am
- NON-DROWSY Formula: This Rite Aid Tussin cough medicine with maximum strength chest congestion relief is formulated with a cough suppressant and expectorant to keep you going throughout your day and quell your worst symptoms without making you sleepy.
- RELIEVES COUGH + MUCUS: With Dextromethorphan HBr and Guaifenesin to temporarily relieve cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold, and help loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes.
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH: This DM MAX medicine is formulated for your worst cough and congestion for fast relief. Compare Rite Aids cough and congestion relief medicine to the active ingredients in Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough + Chest Congestion DM.
- ALCOHOL FREE: Rite Aid Tussin DM Cough Suppressant & Chest Congestion does not contain any unnecessary alcohol, just the cough suppressant and expectorant to relieve your cough and congestion. This cold medicine liquid comes with its own dosing cup.
- TRUSTED BRAND SINCE 1962: We hope you continue to choose us first for your everyday health and wellness needs. Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of our communities and provide our customers with the best products, services, and advice.
You May Like: What Is The Difference Between Sinus And Allergies
What Causes A Sinus Headache
When they are healthy, your sinuses are clear and filled with air. However, when they get blocked up, they become filled with germs and fluids that may cause infection. Inflammation in the sinuses can hinder the drainage of mucus which increases pressure in the sinuses leading to a sinus headache.
- A common cold.
- Nasal polyps which are small growths within the lining of your nose.
- Deviated septum.
Sinus headaches are fairly common and are generally accompanied by symptoms that include the following:
A feeling of pain or pressure in the forehead, cheeks and brow areas. Elevated pain levels when you bend or lie down. Fatigue. A stuffy nose. Aching in the upper teeth.
Sinus headaches are often confused with migraines but unlike migraines, a sinus headache does not cause nausea, vomiting or bright lights in the vision. Despite these differences, there are many similarities and studies have shown that some 90% of people that visit a doctor believing they have a sinus headache are actually suffering from migraines.
Consider This When Buying Chest Congestion Medicine
Chest congestion medicine is not a one-formulation-suits-all type of product. Because every person is different, reactions to specific types of remedies can vary. That said, it is important to understand your bodys needs as well as your preferences to determine which option is truly the best medicine for chest congestion in your particular case.
These major considerations are important factors you should think of when making a purchase to help guide you towards the right product.
- Homeopathic Remedies. A common downside to pharmaceuticals is that they can cause a wide array of side-effects, including drowsiness, stomach irritation, headaches, and nausea, to name a few. It is because of these unwanted reactions that many people choose instead to use homeopathic remedies that are made from all-natural ingredients.
Of course, homeopathic remedies are much less likely to cause side-effects mainly because the ingredients are organic and 100% safe. The only issue that users have with homeopathic remedies is that they may or may not produce results. It all depends on how well your body takes to the formulation.
Be sure to try out a homeopathic remedy before setting it as your staple so you can be sure of its effectiveness on your system.
- Delivery Method. Chest congestion can be remedied through different methods, and that is why chest congestion medicine comes in many forms. The most common types of chest congestion remedies are:
You May Like: How To Take Mucinex Sinus Max
Boiron Sinuscalm Sinus Relief Medicine Tablets For Runny Nose Congestion Sinus Pressure Headache Tablets Non
|Get Fast, Free Shipping with & Return this item for free
- Targets sinus pain with a stuffy or runny nose.
- Non-drowsy and won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition
- Homeopathic multi-symptom sinus Relief medicine, non-habit forming and no risk of a rebound effect
- Slightly sweet pellets melt under the tongue without water, chewing, or swallowing pills. Pellets can also be dissolved in water for children or seniors. Recommended for everyone ages 6 and up.
- Available over the counter in a box of two multidose tubes for home or on the go
Similar item to consider
Advil Sinus Congestion & Pain Reliever Coated Tablets
One of the main complications that come hand in hand with sinus congestion is the pain. The increase of pressure due to accumulated mucus can make it difficult to breathe and pave the way for throbbing headaches. Because of this common symptom combination, Advil Sinus Congestion and Pain Reliever has been dubbed the best medicine for sinus pressure because it targets both pain and congestion effectively.
The main ingredient this formulation uses for decongestion is phenylephrine HCl, which works to reduce mucus production to stop congestion from persisting. It also encourages the body to expectorate phlegm so that the airways can be cleared of congestion. Aside from this function, Advil Sinus Congestion and Pain Reliever also targets pain with ibuprofen. So while the product works to resolve the cause of sinus pressure, it also temporarily addresses any acute pain you might experience for fast and immediate relief.
Read Also: Do You Sneeze With Sinus Infection
Important Tips And Different Ways To Get Relief From Sinus Headache
Other than remedies using ingredients, here are some of the things you can incorporate in daily life to get relief from sinus headache.
The Importance Of Immunity
Building a strong immune system is the key to remaining healthy and infection free. If our bodies become weakened, run down, or compromised, viruses, bacteria, and other free radicals can break through our lines of defense and infiltrate our systems, bringing sinus issues, inflammation, and infection with them.
This is why we, at UpNature, believe in the importance of establishing a holistic routine that includes healthy and clean eating, daily vitamin and mineral supplements, exercise, and essential oils.
Essential oils contain concentrated amounts of the organic compounds extracted from plants that are extremely beneficial to any user. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in many different cultures, and with great and overwhelming success.
So, if you are feeling like your systems could use a boost, consider harnessing the power of essential oils. With regular use, you will notice a difference in your physical, emotional, and mental health. And you never know, essential oils might just change your life!
What Home Remedies Help Soothe Sinus Headache Symptoms
There are a number of self-care measures available to help decrease sinus congestion and promote drainage of the sinuses, providing relief for sinus headache.
- Drink plenty of fluids to help you stay hydrated.
- Breathe humidified air.
- OTC pain medicationssuch as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can help control pain.
- such as pseudoephedrine may be useful in promoting drainage of the sinuses. People with high blood pressure or heart conditions should check with their healthcare practitioner before using these medications. A number of over-the-counter decongestant medications are available, either singly or in combination with antihistamines, pain relievers, and/or anti-inflammatory medications.
- are also available that contain decongestant medications, but these should not be used for more than three days, due to the possibility of rebound inflammation, a worsening of the condition once use of the spray has stopped.
- Inhaled steroid preparations are sometimes prescribed to treat allergic sinusitis, and bacterial infections of the sinuses are treated with antibiotics.
- Antihistamines may be useful if allergies such as hay fever are the cause of congestion.
Best Herbs & Spices For Blocked Noses
Luckily nature has given us a bundle of common herbs and spices that can help unblock sinus congestion. And they dont need whipping up into fancy remedies to work, simply :
As many of these herbs and spices have natural antibiotic powers, they can help to ease and prevent sinus infections whilst giving instant relief to our blocked nose.
So what are the best herbs and spices for congestion relief?
Well these are my favourites. Theyve all been used traditionally for sinus congestion but are also generally useful herbs & spices for cooking and in all sorts of natural remedies so they dont clutter up the cupboard unused.
NB If you are pregnant or on medication your seek medical advice before using these herbs and spices.
So youve now got a big bunch of quick sinus relief techniques and a list of the best herbs and spices for quickly relieving sinus congestion that you can add easily to food, a quick tea or a gentle steam.
But I do have a few very simple sinus congestion remedies that I love and I think its worth knowing and Ive got for you here.
Recommended Reading: Sinus Infection Tooth Pain Relief