Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler With Soft Face Mask Face Humidifier With Targeted Steam Relief Aids With Sinus Problems Congestion And Cough
as of March 17, 2022 8:37 am
- PERSONAL STEAM INHALER Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler provides a warm mist of steam for temporary symptomatic relief from cough, congestion and allergies in a 5-15 minute treatment. Compatible with soothing menthol Vicks VapoPads for added comfort.
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE Get fast relief in a quick 5-15 treatment. With this Vicks steam inhaler, no filters are required and its designed to work with tap water.
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF This personal steam inhaler features an ergonomic designed face mask, for targeted delivery of pure, germ-free mist. Soothing steam penetrates nasal, sinus and throat passages for fast relief.
- MAY HELP WITH BREATHING PROBLEMS A personal warm mist humidifierhelps naturally alleviate congestion, dryness and irritation. It may provide sinus relief and help with breathing problems like bronchitis, allergies, and coldswith cough and congestion.
- A CENTURY OF POWERFUL RELIEF At Vicks, we believe that everyone deserves a touch of care. Our line of humidifiers, steam inhalers and vaporizers help you breathe better, wherever you are.
Easy Natural Remedies Help Mucus Flow
In many cases, sinushome remedies including those things your mother told you to do can effectively improve inflamed sinuses, says Anthony Del Signore, MD, assistant professor of otolaryngology at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York City.
These treatments sooth irritated passageways and increase the flow of mucus so you dont feel so stuffed up, he explains.
What Are The Symptoms And Standard Treatments
Common symptoms of a bacterial sinus infection include:
- Nasal congestion or discharge,
- pain in the face or upper teeth,
- More severe symptoms may include fever. 12
As expected with any bacterial infection, the most common treatment will be a course of antibiotics. However, not only can antibiotics lead to diarrhea and removal of helpful bacteria from the digestive tract, but the body may build up a tolerance over time. In more severe cases, when the sinuses actually are deformed, surgery to widen the nasal and sinus passages may be required.12
Don’t Miss: What Works Best For Sinus Headaches
Four Fantastic Supplements For Fighting Sinusitis
When you have a sinus infection, you probably want to do everything you can to make it go away. Livestrong reports that the best things to take when you have sinusitis are vitamin C, vitamin D, ginger root, and probiotics. Vitamin C is likely the best-known vitamin for immunity and combating colds, which are often the precipice for sinus infections. Since sinusitis is characterized by inflammation of sinus tissue, vitamin D is a good defense against inflammation. Like its alphabetical neighbor, Vitamin D boosts immunity and helps fight off infections.
A 2022 study published in StatPearls found that ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce the inflammation of tissue, which can help reduce sinus infection symptoms. You can make a recipe with fresh ginger, take a capsule of powdered ginger root, or drink ginger tea to ease symptoms of sinusitis . The steam of hot tea combined with the power of ginger can ease inflamed and irritated mucous membranes.
To round out your sinusitis-fighting supplements, probiotics can protect your sinuses from worsening inflammation, and sometimes prevent sinus infections altogether . A probiotic called Lactobacilli produces lactic acid, which can actually prevent the growth of microorganisms and bacteria that cause painful sinus infections. You can find over-the-counter probiotic supplements, beverages like kombucha that are packed with probiotics, and even probiotic nasal sprays made specifically for fighting sinus infections.
Integrative Medicine Therapies For Allergies
Ask your provider at CentreSpringMD about the diverse options available for allergy symptoms. In addition to histamine support, your doctor may also recommend:
Contact your CentreSpringMD team today to get started.
To modulate histamine, quercetin is one versatile and easy-to-find phytonutrient commonly used as a natural antihistamine by functional medicine doctors and conventional doctors alike.
Also Check: When Do I Need Antibiotics For A Sinus Infection
Don’t Miss: Cough Due To Sinus Drainage
Best Herbs For Sinus Infection: Reviews & Guide 2020
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The excess mucus, the hard-to-breathe feeling caused by congestion, and the uncomfortable pressure caused but the swelling of the sinus cavities. Sinusitis is often treated with antibiotics, antihistamines and nasal decongestant sprays. However, if you want to try something that will soothe your sinus problems in the long-term, then you should consider best herbs for sinus infection supplements that are proven safe and effective in supporting healthy sinuses.
Known in the medical fields as rhinosinusitis, sinus infections occur when the nasal cavities become inflamed, swollen and infected.
Sinus infection is typically caused by a virus and continues to persist even after upper respiratory symptoms are long gone. Sometimes, bacteria or even fungus can cause sinus infections.
Other conditions like tooth infections, nasal polyps, and allergies can also contribute to sinus pain and its symptoms.
Consider Using A Supplement Such As The Enzyme Bromelain
Bromelain is a mixture of enzymes found in the pineapple plant that is sold as a dietary supplement. According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health , you can get it as a powder, cream, tablet, or capsule, sometimes in combination with other ingredients.
According to a research published in the journal Laryngoscope, bromelain has been studied for sinusitis because it is thought to be effective in taming inflammation. A small number of double-blind studies has found bromelain improves sinus symptoms more than a placebo, the review found.
Research published in Alternative Medicine Review indicated that oral doses of bromelain are typically from 500 to 1000 milligrams per day, but some people take 2000 mg.
Although bromelain is natural, that doesnt mean there cant be side effects. The NCCIH cautions that some people experience allergic reactions, GI issues, menstrual problems, and an increased heart rate.
Don’t Miss: How To Relieve Pressure From A Sinus Headache
Quercetin With Bromelain For Sinusitis 2022
About 35 million Americans develop sinusitis each year. This is inflammation and swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses in your nasal cavity or the areas surrounding your nose . It can be caused by infections but also nose related problems like a polyps , blockages or allergies.
Types of Sinusitis
Acute sinusitis â an infection that is often triggered by the flu or cold. The flu or cold virus attacks your sinuses causing them to swell and become narrow. Your body responds by producing mucus. When the sinuses become blocked and are filled with mucus, viruses, fungi or bacteria can grow and cause infections that cause pressure and headache.
Chronic sinusitis â an infection that lasts for more than 3 weeks and can continue indefinitely if not treated. It is often caused by allergies, fungal infections or weakened immune system.
Quercetin with Bromelain for Sinusitis
What Is Quercetin?Benefits of QuercetinWhat is Bromelain?Benefits of Bromelain
The Following 10 Tips Can Help Keep Your Nose Sinuses And Lungs Healthy This Fall And Winter
1. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water to keep the mucous produced by your nasal, sinus and respiratory passages thin and flowing. This will prevent stagnant mucous from building up in your sinuses and lungs. When thick mucous is retained for long periods of time in the sinuses and lungs bacteria may flourish in that environment leading to sinus infection, bronchitis or pneumonia. Adequate hydration by drinking water helps to prevent thick mucous.
2. Rinse the nasal passages with saline solution. Washing the nasal mucous membranes with saline solution eliminates irritating particles, allergens and thick mucous from the nose and sinus drainage passage ways. Saline solution also stimulates the lining of the nose and sinuses to clean themselves better. Little microscopic hairs called cilia move more frequently when exposed to saline resulting in egress of mucous from the nose and sinuses. Many products are available over-the-counter to rinse the nose with saline including Neil Med® Sinus Rinse, Simply Saline® and Neti Pot. Remember to use distilled water to mix the saline rather than tap water or bottled drinking water. 1, 2
3. Keep doors and windows closed on poor air quality days. As the temperatures drop in the Valley it is tempting to open our homes to the more temperate desert air. This can allow dust, air pollution and allergens to enter the home and our nose and lungs causing inflammation, swelling and increased mucous production.
Ryan M. Rehl, M.D.
Recommended Reading: Drugs For Sinus Infection Prescription
Here Are Seven Effective Home Remedies For Sinus That Can Help You Tackle The Problem Naturally
1.Stay HydratedDrinking water, tea or juices without sugar are good ways to keep your system hydrated. These fluids help in thinning out the mucus and bring relief to the irritated sinuses. One should avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking, which lead to dehydration.
Drinking water, tea or juices without sugar are good ways to keep your system hydrated
2. Pungent SpicesSpices such as cayenne pepper with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, help in breaking up and draining out congested mucus. Similarly, horseradish can be mixed with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to create a mucus dissolving elixir. As an alternative, 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly grated horseradish root can be held in the mouth for a few minutes, once the taste has evaporated, it can be swallowed.
Spices such as cayenne pepper with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
3.SteamThis one works like magic and doctors prescribe it too. Add 3 drops of pine or rosemary oil with 3 drops of peppermint, and 2 drops of eucalyptus oil to a steaming hot bowl of water or add 3 drops of rosemary with 1 drop of thyme and peppermint oil. With your face down over the water, drape a towel over the back of your head and inhale the steam, this will help in clearing a blocked nasal passage.
Turmeric root is a wonderful, fragrant spice commonly found in IndiaApple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural ingredient with many health benefits
Causes Of Chronic Sinusitis
Acute sinusitis, most often caused by allergies or the common cold, can progress to chronic sinusitis, which involves abnormal production of sinus fluid and swollen, inflamed nasal passages. This transition to chronic sinusitis can result from certain physiological, anatomical, and environmental factors immune system imbalances infectious agents, such as bacteria, fungus, or other pathogens and allergies.
It may seem like a stretch to link allergies with digestion, but theyre actually quite interconnected. In fact, a common source of allergies is inflammation of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. When inflammation occurs, large molecules can enter the circulation. The immune system then launches an attack. The result is an allergic reaction that initiates an inflammatory process, ultimately affecting the sinuses.
Two well-known dietary contributors to sinus congestion are dairy products and gluten. Avoiding these two food groups often leads to improvement in sinus problems.
Poor indoor air quality also plays a large role in aggravating the cycle of chronic sinusitis. Research has shown that reducing fungal air concentrations using a high-efficiency particulate air filtration system helps restore the sinus mucosa to a normal state. You can also lower your exposure to other allergens, such as dust mites and animal dander, by removing carpeting and feather bedding from the environment and using pillow and mattress covers that are mite proof.
Don’t Miss: Cold Vs Sinus Infection Vs Allergies
Sinus Pain And Inflammation
Sinatrol contains n-acetyl cysteine, thyme, and bromelain, which help the body clear airway passages by thinning mucus secretions. Think of them as natural forms of Mucinex®. The turmeric and licorice root extract in Sinatrol help reduce sinus inflammation and strengthen the immune system so that it is not overwhelmed by excess pollen or mold.
Dosage: We recommend clients take the recommended dosage of 3 capsules per day.
Are Supplements Effective To Treat Sinus Infections
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates dietary supplements as food and not as drugs. Hence, supplements are not obliged to claim that they can either treat or prevent an illness.
Moreover, the supplements can interfere with the ongoing treatment of another treatment option. Even experts believe that minerals and vitamins deemed necessary for curing sinusitis should be taken in natural forms. In other words, follow a diet plan that includes food to avoidwhen suffering from sinusitis. Also, as a permanent solution you can look into the surgical interventions for treating repeated episodes of sinusitis.
Also Check: Allergy Asthma And Sinus Center Hours
Nutrition And Dietary Supplements
Because supplements may have side effects, or interact with medications, you should take them only under the supervision of a knowledgeable health care provider.
The use of herbs is a time-honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease. Herbs, however, can trigger side effects and can interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. For these reasons, you should take herbs only under the supervision of a health care provider.
- Sinupret. A proprietary formulation containing Sambucus nigra , Rumex acetosa , Primula veris , Verbena officinalis , Gentiana lutea . Several studies suggest that Sinupret may be effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis. The herbs it contains may work by thinning mucus and helping the sinuses drain. They may also help strengthen the immune system. Ask your doctor if sinupret is right for you.
Jarrow Formulas Nac Sustain
Jarrow Formulas delivers a standard 600 mg dose of NAC, but what makes this supplement unique is its capsule. It uses a few binders and excipients to bind part of the NAC in a slower-releasing form.
The effect is that some of the NAC gets released immediately, while the rest of it diffuses more slowly into your bloodstream.
This is hypothetically an advantageous way to deliver NAC, though most scientific research does not use this kind of formulation. Purists might not like the need for additional ingredients to achieve this slow/quick release effect, but it could be a good choice if you want sustained levels of NAC throughout the day.
Recommended Reading: Supplements To Increase Testosterone In Females
Recommended Reading: Nose Spray For Sinus Pressure
How To Prevent Sinusitis From Developing
People who follow poor food regimen and follow a stressful lifestyle are more likely to develop a sinus infection. In order to keep the immune system up, here are some tips that can help-
- Eat a diet rich in animal-based omega-3 supplements as this possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dont eat sugar or grains in excessive amounts.
- Prepare food in coconut oil as this has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal effects.
- Exercise regularly
Read more:How to treat sinusitis at home?
How Much Vitamin C For A Sinus Infection
**Vitamin C is beneficial to the bodys ability to grow and repair itself 2. The absorption of iron the growth and repair of gums, teeth, blood vessels and bones and a well-functioning immune system all rely on the dietary intake of vitamin C. Although vitamin C is a proven antioxidant, some respected health authorities do not deem it a safe and reliable method of relieving viral or bacterial infections, such as a sinus infection. Check with a health care professional before replacing medications with vitamin C.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
You May Like: How To Get A Sinus Infection To Go Away
Natural Remedies For Sinus Infections
1. Top Foods & Beverages for Sinus Infections
2. Foods & Beverages to Avoid
3. Oil of Oregano
You May Like: Nasal Spray To Prevent Sinus Infections
Spice It Up With Garlic
Garlic and its relative, the onion, stimulate many of the same pathways as peppers to reduce inflammation and pain. Allicin, a sulfur compound created when garlic is crushed or cut, is antibacterial, antifungal, and even kills some viruses, too.
Garlic has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a perfect addition to any meal. Not only do your sinuses benefit, but its great for protecting the heart and fighting the common cold. What makes garlic so great is you can easily add it to your meals. Its a very versatile spice that goes well with almost anything! Try these garlic mushroom burgers for a tasty and healthy meal packed with garlic.
What makes garlic so great is you can easily add it to your meals. Its a very versatile spice that goes well with almost anything!
Also Check: How To Dry Up A Sinus Infection
Foods To Quickly Relieve Sinus Congestion
There are a number of ways to help relieve sinus congestion, including hovering over a pot of hot water or taking over-the-counter medications. However, for quick relief, sometimes the best medicine is food!
Spicy foods:Everyone knows that spicy foods like hot peppers can clear sinuses. Capsaicin is a chemical found in spicy foods that causes a burning sensation when in contact with bodily tissues. Capsaicin irritates mucous membranes, which results in a runny nose, thereby softening any nasal obstruction.
Pineapple: Pineapple is a great decongestant because it contains the enzymes called bromelain. Bromelain breaks down the junk that builds up in the sinuses and helps reduce inflammation and swelling.
Horseradish: Horseradish has many health benefits that are attributed to its high nutrient and mineral content. Horseradish can help clear the sinus passages and ease mucus from the upper respiratory passages.
Garlic: Garlic is a versatile spice that goes well with almost anything. Similar to the benefits of peppers, garlic helps reduce inflammation and pain in the sinus passages.
Antioxidant-rich foods: Antioxidant-rich foods, such as citrus, kiwi, spinach, berries and other vegetables help protect the mucous membranes from free radical damage. Such antioxidant-rich foods are also loaded with vitamins and minerals.