Advil Ibuprofen Tablets 200mg Sinus Congestion & Pain Non
- One package of 20 coated tablets of Advil Sinus Congestion and Pain, Sinus Medicine, Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer with Ibuprofen and Phenylephrine HCl
- Ibuprofen 200mg temporarily relieves fever, minor body aches and headache
- Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg tablets help relieve nasal congestion, sinus pressure and nasal swelling related to the common cold
- Coated tablets are easily portable, so you can have sinus congestion and pain relief ready whenever you need it
- Sinus congestion medicine for adults and children 12 years and older
Sinus Congestion & Pain, Coated Tablets
Non-drowsy. Ibuprofen 200 mg pain reliever/fever reducer . Phenylephrine HCI 10 mg nasal decongestant. Nasal congestion. Sinus pressure. Nasal swelling. Headache. Fever. Body aches. One tablet dose! Read and keep carton for complete warnings and information. www.advil.com. For most recent product information, visit www.advil.com. Questions or comments? Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST toll free at 1-800-88-Advil.
In Each Tablet Directions: Do not take more than directed. Adults and Children 12 Years of Age and Over: Take 1 tablet every 4 hours while symptoms persist. Do not use more than 6 tablets in any 24-hour period unless directed by a doctor. Children Under 12 years of Age: Do not use because this product contains too much medication for children under this age.
What Other Drugs Will Affect Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine
Ask your doctor before using ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine if you take an antidepressant such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine , fluvoxamine, paroxetine , sertraline , trazodone, or vilazodone. Taking any of these medicines with an NSAID may cause you to bruise or bleed easily.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist if it is safe for you to use ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine if you are also using any of the following drugs:
- a blood thinner
- heart or blood pressure medication, including a diuretic or “water pill” or
- steroid medicine .
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with ibuprofen, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
Can Advil Cold & Sinus Cause Any Cardiovascular Side Effects
Cardiovascular side effects in Advil Sinus users are rare, occurring in roughly 1-3% of patients. Symptoms include swelling of fingers and toes, high blood pressure and peripheral edema. Research shows that a chief ingredient of Advil Cold & Sinus, pseudoephedrine, may increase the severity of previous hypertension issues. Pseduophedrine may also be responsible for additional cardiovascular side effects such as coronary artery spasm and chest pain.
Find out whether you are predisposed to heart arrhythmias, as Advil Cold & Sinus is known to increase the likelihood of future incidents of arrhythmia in a small percentage of patients.
Also Check: Does Theraflu Help With Sinus Pressure
How To Choose Best Cold And Sinus Medicine
Choosing the best product from its huge variety is difficult if you donât know the important factors to keep in mind while buying it. This buying guide consists of all the important factors that one should consider to pick the right one to meet his need.
Here are 7 effective tips to make you a smart customer-
You must have a clear idea about the purpose behind buying it. Once you determine your purpose it becomes easier to determine all other factors.
All products have some essential specifications. But you may need some extra or special features. If you have any special requirements then look for that special feature that can meet that requirement.The more feature you will add the more expensive it will be. Some features may require special maintenance. Sometimes people buy the cold and sinus medicine with special features but donât take care of it properly and as a result, the longevity lessens.
3. Working Mechanism
If you are a newbie and donât know how it works I would suggest you check the working mechanism so that you can understand whether you can operate it or not or you may need help from some experienced persons.Experienced users often ignore the working mechanism as they are aware of it and that is ok. But you know the companies are always upgrading their product. So, I would suggest you check if any new feature is installed.
5. Warranty and After-Sale Service
7. Customer Reviews
Who Should Not Take Advil Cold & Sinus Medication
If you are particularly sensitive to, or have a history of allergic reactions to the active ingredients in Advil Cold & Sinus consult first with your doctor before taking it. Those who have recently undergone heart surgery should call a doctor before taking the medication. Pregnant women or women who are breast-feeding should talk to their doctor before taking Advil Cold & Sinus.
Your Safety First
Those with certain medical conditions should avoid taking Advil to treat sinus infections, particularly those who suffer from liver disease, heart disease, severe high blood pressure, Raynauds Syndrome, Crohns disease, or angioedema syndrome. If you are a smoker, you may also be an increased risk of suffering from both mild and severe side effects.
Note: This article does not contain an exhaustive list of side effects, as every medication includes adverse symptoms that have not yet been reported. Be sure to contact your primary care physician if you experience any abnormal side effects, and report them to the Food and Drug Administration. Call 911 if you have severe side-effects.
Recommended Reading: How To Home Remedy A Sinus Infection
How To Cope With Side Effects
What to do about:
- feeling or being sick â try taking pseudoephedrine with or after a meal or snack. It may also help if you do not eat rich or spicy food. If you have been sick, drink plenty of water by having frequent sips to avoid dehydration. Signs of dehydration include peeing less than usual or having strong-smelling pee.
- headaches â make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol. Ask a pharmacist to recommend a painkiller. If your headache does not go away, stop taking pseudoephedrine or see your doctor. It may be because pseudoephedrine can increase your blood pressure.
- dry mouth â chew sugar-free gum or suck sugar-free sweets.
- feeling restless, nervous or shaky â stop taking pseudoephedrine and talk to a doctor if symptoms do not go away. Ask a pharmacist about trying a different medicine.
- difficulty sleeping â try not to have a big meal in the evening and avoid drinking alcohol, tea or coffee. Try not to watch television or use your mobile phone before going to bed. Try to relax for an hour before bedtime.
How To Take Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine
Use Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. An overdose of ibuprofen can damage your stomach or intestines.
Take this medicine with food or milk to lessen stomach upset.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time if you have taken this medicine within the past few days.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Since this medicine is used when needed, you may not be on a dosing schedule. Skip any missed dose if it’s almost time for your next dose. Do not use two doses at one time.
Read Also: Advil Cold And Sinus For Allergies
How Long Does Advil Take To Work
Advil works fast but not immediately. The standard tablet dose of the drug takes effect within 50 minutes. Advil Liquid-Gel form begins to act within 30 minutes of consumption.
Do not to use the drug on an empty stomach, as this can lead to undesirable effects from the gastrointestinal tract. But if you do use Advil on an empty stomach, youll see an effect in 20 min.
You May Like: Best Things To Eat With Sinus Infection
Can/should I Take A Sinus Decongestant For A Sinus Infection
You can take certain decongestants for a sinus infection. Decongestants that contain only pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine are more typically recommended for a sinus infection. Decongestants with additional ingredients like antihistamines may suppress your bodys immune response and interfere with your bodys ability to fight the infection. If you have a severe sinus infection, or if youre on antibiotics, consult with your doctor about the best OTC medication choice for you.
Also Check: What Helps Sinus Pain And Pressure
Sudafed Pe Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non
- 24-count box of Sudafed PE Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non-Drowsy Decongestant Tablets provide powerful relief of sinus pain, sinus pressure, nasal congestion and headaches
- Each caplet contains 5 milligrams of the decongestant phenylephrine HCl and 325 milligrams of acetaminophen, a pain reliever and fever reducer
- This sinus congestion & pain medicine also temporarily relieves nasal congestion associated with hay fever, upper respiratory allergies and the common cold
- The non-drowsy decongestant helps promotes sinus drainage, temporarily reduces fever and helps relieve headaches and minor aches and pain
- From the #1 pharmacist recommended brand among oral OTC decongestants, this maximum strength formula can be used by adults and children 12 years and older for powerful symptom relief
- One package of 20 coated tablets of Advil Sinus Congestion and Pain, Sinus Relief Medicine, Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer with Ibuprofen and Phenylephrine HCl
- Advil ibuprofen 200mg pain medicine for adults temporarily relieves fever, minor body aches and headache
- Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg tablets provide sinus pressure relief, nasal congestion relief and nasal swelling relief
- Coated tablets are easily portable, so you can have Advil congestion relief ready whenever you need it
- Nighttime or Daytime sinus medicine for adults and children 12 years and older
- Take one of these sinus decongestant tablets every 4 hours as needed for symptoms
- HSA and FSA eligible product
Advil Cold & Sinus Interactions:
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. -blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Caution with diuretics. Avoid aspirin, pseudoephedrine-containing products, other pain relievers or nasal decongestants. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAIDs, 3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use.
You May Like: Does Guaifenesin Help With Sinus Congestion
What Is Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug . Ibuprofen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion .
Ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Can Advil Cold & Sinus Have Adverse Effects On The Nervous System
Studies show that severe side effects on the central nervous system after taking Advil Cold & Sinus are very rare, and include pseduotumor cerebri, meningitis and paresthesias. Milder side effects are the result of the pseudoephedrine ingredient. They include headache, lethargy, and vertigo, but are easily treatable.
Also Check: Sinus Rhythm With Bundle Branch Block
What Are The Side Effects Of Advil Allergy And Congestion Relief
With any medication, there are risks and benefits. Even if the medication is working, you may experience some unwanted side effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Heart attack: chest pain or tightness, pain that radiates up to your shoulder, arm, neck, or jaw
- Stroke: chest pain, trouble breathing, weakness in one part of your body or face, slurred speech, leg swelling
- Stomach bleeding: feeling faint, vomiting blood, bloody or dark stools, severe stomach pain or discomfort
- Allergic reactions: hives, rash, blisters, swelling of the lips or tongue, difficulty breathing, skin reddening
The following side effects may get better over time as your body gets used to the medication. Let your doctor know immediately if you continue to experience these symptoms or if they worsen over time.
You May Like: How To Get Over A Sinus Infection
Does Ibuprofen Make You Tired
modestine110153528over a year ago
Theres a lot to unpack in this posters question, which contains several parts, both said and unsaid:
- Should you women see their doctor about menstrual cramps that are bad enough they want to take a painkiller to relieve them?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen on a regular basis?
- What are the possible side effects of ibuprofen and when should you be worried?
- Is fatigue a possible side effect of ibuprofen?
- Could menstruation or PMS also be making this person tired, instead?
What did the people who joined the initial poster have to say, and what is the scientific perspective? Lets start investigating!
Can ibuprofen make you tired? Heres what members of the SteadyHealth community had to say:
- Tiredness is one of the side effect of Ibuprofen.
- As you already said you take it to reduce your menstrual cramps and I think it is normal to take rest or sleep after.
- I think your body, since in pain, requires resting and sleep in order to recover.
- I think you dont feel tired
- than sleepy which is sometimes usual when taken any painkiller.
Quite a few people reported that ibuprofen also made them tired:
- Not only did I become very fatigued, but I also started getting heart palpitations.
- The Ibuprofen made me tired.
- I agree, Ibuprofen knocks me out and even makes me groggy the whole next day.
- I take to reduce inflammation but I am just too groggy!
- Yeah it got me so sleepy to and I have a track race today
Don’t Miss: What Doctors Prescribe For Sinus Infection
How Advil Allergy And Congestion Relief Works
Advil Allergy and Congestion Relief is a combination of three medications that work together to relieve symptoms caused by allergies and the common cold. Both chlorpheniramine and ibuprofen block certain chemicals in you body that cause inflammation . Ibuprofen also blocks chemicals that cause pain. Phenylephrine clears your sinuses to relieve sinus pressure.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of a heart attack or stroke:chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body, slurred speech, leg swelling, feeling short of breath.
Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have:
- confusion, severe drowsiness, ringing in your ears, severe dizziness, feeling like you might pass out
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
- easy bruising or bleeding
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild
- signs of stomach bleedingbloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- liver problemsupper stomach pain, vomiting, tired feeling, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- kidney problemslittle or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, swelling or rapid weight gain, feeling tired or short of breath
- nerve problemsfever, headache, neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, seizure or
- severe skin reactionfever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling.
Common side effects may include:
Typical Dosing For Advil Allergy And Congestion Relief
Each tablet contains 200 mg of ibuprofen, 10 mg of phenylephrine, and 4 mg of chlorpheniramine.
- Adults and children age 12 years and up: The typical dose is 1 tablet by mouth every 4 hours while youre having symptoms. Dont use more than 6 tablets in 24 hours unless your provider specifically told you to do so.
- Children under 12 years of age: Ask your childs provider.
What Should I Avoid While Taking Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
Avoid taking aspirin while you are taking ibuprofen.
Avoid taking ibuprofen if you are taking aspirin to prevent stroke or heart attack. Ibuprofen can make aspirin less effective in protecting your heart and blood vessels. If you must use both medications, take the ibuprofen at least 8 hours before or 30 minutes after you take the aspirin .
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other cough, cold, or pain medicine. Many combination medicines contain ibuprofen or pseudoephedrine. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much of this medicine.
Also Check: What Medicine Is Good For Sinus Pressure
How Does This Medication Work What Will It Do For Me
This product is a combination of 2 medications: ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine. Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that reduces pain, fever, and inflammation by reducing a substance in the body that leads to inflammation and pain. Pseudoephedrine is a that relieves the symptoms of nasal and sinus congestion by reducing swelling in nasal passages and sinuses.
This medication is used to relieve nasal congestion, sinus congestion, sinus pain, fever, headache, sore throat, and body aches and pains that are associated with the common cold, sinusitis, or the flu.
Your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested this medication for conditions other than the ones listed in this drug information article. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the conditions discussed here. If you have not discussed this with your doctor or are not sure why you are taking this medication, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not give this medication to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms as you do. It can be harmful for people to take this medication if their doctor or pharmacist has not recommended it.