What Are Common Side Effects Of Sinus Infection Medications
The most common side effects of sinus infection medications differ by the type of medication you use. Decongestants tend to cause nervousness, insomnia, and a loss of appetite. Side effects of antibiotics include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Antihistamines and steroids can cause dizziness and sleep disturbances.
This is not an exhaustive list of sinus infection medication side effects. If you experience any adverse reactions from a medication or treatment, its always best to consult with your healthcare provider.
Donât Miss: Sinus Infection And Dry Eyes
What Is Sinus Infection
Sinusitis, also called sinus infection, is caused by inflammation or swelling of the sinuses, which are located behind the eyes, nose and cheeks. This inflammation can lead to pressure in those areas and persistent headaches. Symptoms of sinusitis often mimic those of the common cold and can include mucus buildup, nasal congestion, bad breath, cough and sore throat.
Acute sinusitis is typically shorter than eight weeks in duration and recurs no more than three times per year, with each occurrence lasting no longer than ten days. Acute cases generally respond well to the best sinus medicine your doctor prescribes. In contrast, chronic sinus infections persist longer than eight weeks and can recur more than four times in one year. Symptoms can last longer than twenty days. Long-term, chronic sinusitis is the most common type.
When To See A Doctor For Sinus Pain
If your sinus symptoms are not getting better with at-home treatments, and if your sinus symptoms last longer than seven to 10 days, you should see a doctor for treatment. Allina Health has many convenient care options for care, from online visits to walk-in care, to help you get better fast.
If you have frequent or reoccurring sinus infections, you may want to see an ear, nose and throat for your treatment options.
Don’t Miss: What Can Be Done For Sinus Infection
Know The Limits Of Natural Sinus Pain Relief
You should not try to self-treat your sinus pain if you have symptoms such as as yellow or green mucus discharge persistent fever or stiff neck pain for more than 24 hours confusion, weakness, numbness, or tingling and persistent nausea or vomiting. These symptoms could be a sign of a significant infection in your sinuses that might need antibiotics. âUsing natural sinus pain relief is fine if you have mild chronic pain or a headache related to a common cold or an allergy, but if you have severe pain that is not responding to these techniques, you need to see your doctor,â advises Das.
Here Are Some Tips For Choosing Sinus Headache Medicine
Are you stressed out by finding the perfect sinus headache medicine? When considering the purchase of sinus headache medicine in general, have you ever felt uncertain about what model to select?
Its sometimes enough to know that youre not alone. sinus headache medicine is often difficult to find for many people. Our aim is to help you find it!
This page is obviously regarding Cheap sinus headache medicine Reviews which is why youve come here. Youll find a lot of information available online, so research a few options before committing to anything.
Many sources can provide you with information about products- buying guides, reviews, word-of-mouth recommendations, online forums, independent product reviews found throughout the internet, and even YouTube channels. Only thorough research can help you find the right product.
Thats right? Arent doing that sometimes difficult? In order to prevent you from worrying, we have put together a list of the top sinus headache medicine products on the market, for your benefit.
Who was involved in compiling this list? What motivated us to create this buying guide?
We first gathered product information from reliable sources using the algorithms we had created.
Both Artificial Intelligence and large amounts of data volumes were used to validate all collected information.
Based on these quality/price ratios, the artificial intelligence then selected the most excellent product on the market!
You May Like: Natural Ways To Deal With Sinus Infection
Treat Sinus Pain With Humidity
“Dry, thick mucus in your nose and sinus passages can form crusts that block sinus drainage and trap viruses and other particles. Increasing humidity and getting more fluid into your body can help your mucus thin out and get moving again,” says Dr. Das. Some natural ways to get your sinuses draining and relieve sinus pressure include drinking plenty of fluids using a humidifier avoiding cold, dry air taking plenty of steamy showers and drinking a cup of hot tea or soup.
Where Can I Find The Best Sinus Headache Treatment In Houston
Houston ear, nose, and throat specialist and surgeon Dr. Cecil Yeung has more than 20 years of experience in diagnosing and treating chronic sinusitis, which causes sinus headaches. At Houston Sinus Surgery at the Yeung Institute, he has pioneered endoscopic sinus surgery in the area, performing more than 4,000 sinus surgeries with a re-do rate thats far less than average. Hes a board-certified physician who is known as a leader in his field as well as for his professionalism and precision.
Dr. Yeung will correctly diagnose the cause of your sinus headaches and sinusitis and recommend the most minimally invasive treatment possible that will yield the results you want.
To get relief from the pain and other symptoms of sinus headaches, contact Houston Sinus Surgery at the Yeung Institute today!
You Might Also Enjoy…
You May Like: How To Nip A Sinus Infection In The Bud
Sinus Infection Vs Covid
Some sinus infection and COVID-19 symptoms may overlap. Both illnesses can cause a fever, headaches, nasal congestion, fatigue or a sore throat. Symptoms unique to COVID-19 include body aches, nausea, shortness of breath and vomiting. Learn the difference between the cold, flu and COVID-19 based on your symptoms.
Also Check: Ayurvedic Remedy For Sinus Infection
Take As Directed And Heed To Warning Labels
Regardless of the OTC pain reliever you choose to take, its important you only take the instructed dosage. Too much medicine can lead to medication overuse or rebound headaches.
Find Pressure Headache Relief Through Shopping Online at SpotRx
Tempe, AZ residents suffering from a pressure headache can find relief quickly at SpotRx. We offer free two-hour delivery in zip codes 85281 and 85282 and lower prices on your OTC medications. To learn more, please visit our website today!
SpotRx blogs are for informational purposes only. They are not written by medical professionals and should not be used to treat or diagnose any new or existing conditions. Contact your physician or qualified medical health provider with any concerns you may have regarding a medical condition.
Recommended Reading: Best Sinus Pressure Relief Medication
The Right Way To Treat A Sinus Infection
5 min Read Time
Your head is throbbing, especially around your eyes. You cant stop coughing, and for some reason, your breath is terrible. Blowing your nose is a mess.
Bad news: You could have a sinus infection. Most frequently triggered by the common cold, over 30 million American adults are diagnosed with sinusitis yearly.
So, what exactly are sinus infections? How can you tell if you have one? And holy cow how can you feel better as quickly as possible?
How Is A Sinus Headache Diagnosed
- Usually, a careful history and physical examination can establish the diagnosis of a sinus headache. Blood tests are usually not necessary.
- In some cases, the healthcare professional may order a CT scan to obtain images of the sinuses, but this is not common. A negative CT scan and examination can help rule out sinus disease.
- Other causes of headaches, including migraines, may initially present with symptoms thought to be from sinus inflammation.
Don’t Miss: What To Use For Sinus Infection
What Can I Do About Recurring Sinus Headaches
Many sinus headaches, especially those that recur, are actually migraines. But its smart to see your healthcare provider to figure out the cause of your headaches.
You may find that the best long-term solution is figuring out what triggers your migraine headaches so you can avoid them. Its helpful to keep a headache diary to track potential triggers. Triggers you can control include:
- Specific foods, such as chocolate, red wine or strong cheese.
- Lack of sleep.
What Does Sinus Pressure Feel Like
Pain or pressure is felt not just in your head, but anywhere in the sinus area. Where you feel pain depends on which sinuses are affected.
While pressure is most common behind and around the eyes, nose, and cheeks, it can extend forward to the teeth and backward to the back of the head. These areas will often be sensitive to touch.
Sometimes sinus headache can also give you a feeling of fatigue or aching in your top jaw. Redness and swelling of the cheeks, nose, or forehead can occur.
Recommended Reading: Will Migraine Medication Help Sinus Headache
Mucinex Nightshift Sinus 6 Fl Oz Relieves Fever Sore Throat Runny Nose Sneezing
- Both formulas help relieve sinus pressure and sinus congestion, and nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever, or upper respiratory allergies.
- 20-count of sudafed pe sinus congestion day + night maximum strength decongestant tablets to temporarily relieve sinus pressure and sinus congestion for both day and night.
- From the #1 pharmacist recommended brand among oral otc decongestants, this maximum-strength formula can be used by adults and children 12 years and older for powerful relief.
- Each multi-pack contains 20 tablets of nasal decongestant, with 12 daytime and 8 nighttime tablets for powerful symptom relief throughout the day and while you sleep.
- Each daytime and nighttime dose contains 10 milligrams of the nasal decongestant phenylephrine hcl and each nighttime dose also contains 25 milligrams of the antihistamine diphenhydramine hcl.
Sudafed Pe Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non
$as of February 2, 2022 12:41 pm
- 24-count box of Sudafed PE Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non-Drowsy Decongestant Tablets provide powerful relief of sinus pain, sinus pressure, nasal congestion and headaches
- Each caplet contains 5 milligrams of the decongestant phenylephrine HCl and 325 milligrams of acetaminophen, a pain reliever and fever reducer
- This sinus congestion & pain medicine also temporarily relieves nasal congestion associated with hay fever, upper respiratory allergies and the common cold
- The non-drowsy decongestant helps promotes sinus drainage, temporarily reduces fever and helps relieve headaches and minor aches and pain
- From the #1 pharmacist recommended brand among oral OTC decongestants, this maximum strength formula can be used by adults and children 12 years and older for powerful symptom relief
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Chronic Sinus Infection Naturally
What Is The Best Allergy Medicine
The short answer is it depends. As described above, there are a few things to consider when selecting the right allergy medicine for you:
How quickly you need relief
Fast-acting medications, like decongestants and antihistamines, work quickly if youre experiencing symptoms. And while antihistamines can be taken daily, decongestants should only be used as needed short term.
Antihistamines and nasal steroids can be good options for preventing symptoms from happening if taken daily before allergy season hits. Experts currently recommend intranasal steroids as the first-choice treatment for people with persistent symptoms.
Lastly, keep in mind that not all antihistamines are created equal Benadryl can make you feel drowsy, whereas Allegra and Claritin may be less sedating. Since all antihistamines may cause some drowsiness, its best to see how you respond to them before engaging in activities that require alertness or concentration.
Also Check: Severe Sinus Pain And Pressure
Best Medicine For Sinus Pressure With Specifications
Although the best medicine for sinus pressure makers will always come down to a slight amount of subjectivity, we scoured the web and did our research to find the top brand producing some of the most reliable and widest range of medicine for sinus pressure in the business. You will probably also like our list if you want the easiest way to measure your product before using it. Additionally, if you want more products to add to your collection, our list of the best medicine for sinus pressure on the market is a great place to start.
Recommended Reading: Can A Sinus Infection Be Contagious
What Home Remedies Can Help Relieve Sinus Congestion
When your nose is stuffy and congested, you can keep your nasal passages and sinuses moist by:
- Using a humidifier or vaporizer
- Inhaling steam from a hot shower or pot of hot water
- Drinking plenty of fluids to thin out the mucus
- Using a saline nasal spray to keep your nasal passages from drying out
- Applying a warm, wet towel to your face to help open up your sinuses
- Avoiding chlorinated pools
- Trying a neti pot or nasal irrigator to flush out the sinuses
- Keeping your head elevated when lying down
- Avoiding blowing your nose too forcefully, which can force the mucus into your ears or other parts of the sinuses
- Applying eucalyptus oil to a tissue paper and sleeping next to it or adding it to hot water and inhaling the steam
How Are Sinus Headaches Treated
Sinus headaches treatment is usually directed toward sinus headache pain reliefand treating the infection. Treatment might include antibiotics for the infection, as well as a short period of pain and fever reliever , decongestants , or antihistamines to treat the sinus headache symptoms and provide sinus headache relief.
Analgesics can relieve headache pain while the nasal decongestants relieve sinus congestion and pressure, help clear nasal passages, and shrink swollen membranes.
If the sinus headache pain continues after using pain-relievers, corticosteroids may be prescribed to further decrease the inflammation. When an allergen is causing the sinus flare-ups, preventive allergy therapy is often needed. If you have questions or concerns about your sinus headache pain and how to treat sinus headaches, consult your doctor. Medication should be used as directed.
Read Also: Sinus Infection In Head Symptoms
Also Check: How To Break Sinus Pressure
The 10 Best Otc For Sinus Pressure And Headache Of 2022
- 24-count box of Tylenol Sinus + Headache Daytime Caplets for non-drowsy sinus symptom and headache pain relief due to the common cold, hay fever or other respiratory allergies
- Pain reliever and nasal decongestant formulated to temporarily relieve symptoms of nasal congestion, sinus headache and pressure
- Each sinus relief caplet contains 325 mg of acetaminophen to temporarily relieve pain and reduce fever as well as 5 mg of phenylephrine HCl, a nasal decongestant to help clear nasal passages
- The non-drowsy formula of this sinus medicine provides effective daytime symptom relief by promoting sinus drainage and helping to decongest sinus openings and passages
- From the #1 doctor-recommended pain relief brand, these daytime headache and sinus relief caplets are suitable for adults and children ages 12 years and older
How To Get Rid Of A Sinus Pressure Headache
If you suffer from allergies, you may have congested sinuses as well, and this can lead to a sinus pressure headache. If youre wondering how to get rid of a sinus pressure headache, the first thing you need to understand is that these types of headaches can have several causes. Consequently, sinus headaches have a few different remedies.
Recommended Reading: I Ve Had A Sinus Infection For 2 Months
Nasal Decongestant Sprays: Medicated Nasal Sprays
AfrinÃÂ® nasal spray, Neo-SynephrineÃÂ®, OtrivinÃÂ®, DristanÃÂ® nasal spray and other brands decongest the swollen nasal membranes. They clear nasal passages almost immediately and are useful in treating the initial stages of a common cold or viral infection. Nasal decongestant sprays are safe to use, especially appropriate for preventing eustachian tube problems when flying, and to halt progression of sinus infections following colds. However, they should only be utilized for 3-5 days because prolonged use leads to rebound congestion or Ã¢getting hooked on nasal sprays.Ã¢ The patient with nasal swelling caused by seasonal allergy problems should use a cromolyn sodium nasal spray. The spray must be used frequently during allergy season to prevent the release of histamine from the tissues, which starts the allergic reaction. It works best before symptoms become established by stabilizing the nasal membranes and has few side effects.
The 5 Best Allergy Medicine
- A very effective nasal spray that doesnt affect your adrenal system. A powerful water-based formula, free of alcohol and scent anti-allergy.
Price when Reviewed: $8.99
One of the best and most effective reliefs that you can find in the market. It is a proven and tested 24-hour allergy relief product that can ease nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose and itchy nose. It is perfect for regular usage because it is scent free and alcohol-free. You wont need to worry because as compared to other allergy relief products, there are no particular drowsiness side effects with this medicine. Its anti-inflammatory effect is very impressive. This medicine is also nonaddictive. Within 24 hours, you will immediately feel its great effects.
- Best Oral Antihistamine Strong results with limited site effects
Price when Reviewed: $20.25
This proven and tested tablets can instantly relief nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose. You will notice relief in just an hour. A very cost effective med. In terms of effects, you can never go wrong with Allegra.
- An Allergy Spray that is suitable for pregnant woman
Price when Reviewed: $18.64
- Good Reviews from customers and best seller on Amazon. Proven to work but FLONASE might cause irritation in your nose
Price when Reviewed: $18.33
Read Also: Best Medicine For Sinus Pressure And Congestion
Read Also: Advil Cold And Sinus Liquid Gels